Following the immense success of its flagship outlet in The Gardens Mall, Wagyu More recently opened another outlet at Sunway Pyramid Mall. Well-known for their money-for-value premium Japanese Shabu-Shabu, this All-You-Can-Eat restaurant is all set to satiate shabu-shabu fans in this part of town.
There’s always a queue outside Wagyu More, a testament to its popularity. The playful theme of its bright and colourful interior is like a magnet to diners. The service crew is really efficient and once guests are seated, recommendations for soups are immediately offered. Wagyu More serves 8 varieties of soup base: Pork Bone, Spicy Pork Bone, Collagen Chicken, Sukiyaki, Kimchi, Kombu, Miso and Tomato. Diners also have the option to upgrade their soup base to Mala Soup and Herbal Soup with additional charge of RM4.80++ per soup. Diners can choose up to 2 soup base as both single and communal pots are available.
Herbal Soup + Mala Soup!
While waiting for the soups to boil, I went over to the condiments counter and made my own concoction of dip. Have fun mixing from the goma sauce, ponzu sauce, red More hot sauce, Wagyu More’s special hot sauce, grated ginger, chopped coriander and much more.
The key to a good shabu-shabu is of course the use of fresh premium quality ingredients and meats. Wagyu More’s offering of well-marbled premium cuts and crisp seasonal vegetables is what diners look for when they dine here. Quality meat cuts are what set them apart from other similar eateries and there’s a good variety of freshly-cut-upon-order meats to choose from: Japanese A5 Wagyu Beef, Australian Wagyu Beef, US Angus Beef, Australian Beef Chuck Roll, Australian Beef Brisket, US Pork Loin, Imported Pork Belly, Imported Pork Collar and more.
Wagyu More’s All-You-Can-Eat Buffet is priced at RM38.80++ per person for Lunch (11.00am-4.00pm) and RM48.80++ per person for Dinner (5.00pm-10.00pm). Additional RM3.00++ is chargeable during weekends and public holidays.
For a more gratifying experience, go for their Premium Buffets as Wagyu More serves 4 types of Premium Buffets (all day):
1. Black Angus Beef Buffet @ RM68.80++ per person – with unlimited Black Angus Beef and all offerings from the standard buffet
2. Spanish Iberico Pork Buffet @ RM98.80++ per person – with unlimited Spanish Iberico Pork, Black Angus Beef and all offerings from the standard buffet
3. Australian Wagyu Buffet @ RM148.80++ per person – with unlimited Australian Wagyu Beef, Spanish Iberico Pork, Black Angus Beef and all offerings from the standard buffet
4. Japanese A5 Wagyu Buffet @ RM388.80++ per person – with unlimited Japanese A5 Wagyu Beef, Australian Wagyu Beef, Spanish Iberico Pork, Black Angus Beef and all offerings from the standard buffet
Platters of meat can also be ordered individually as a la carte items
On the other hand, light eaters can opt for the Weekday Set Lunch with a dining time of 60 minutes – choose from:
1. Buffet Table All-You-Can-Eat @ RM22.80++ per person – enjoy free-flow meatballs, vegetables, drinks, hot dishes, soft serve icecream & desserts from the buffet counters
2. Single Plate Meat @ R28.80++ per person – choice of 1 plate of Pork/Beef/Lamb/Chicken/Fish & enjoy free-flow meatballs, vegetables, drinks, hot dishes, soft serve icecream & desserts from the buffet counters
I’m usually not a fan of buffets but I do love hotpots. Wagyu More shabu-shabu buffets are pretty good value for money. Their soups are well-boiled and tasty; I can get my unlimited flow of fresh vegetables, fuchuk, mushrooms and the hot food and desserts selections are very decent. So, yes – this is one buffet I’d go back again for… especially when I crave for a good bubbling hotpot with family and friends!
牛摩 WAGYU MORE Sunway Pyramid
LG1.98C, LG 1 Floor
No.3 Jalan PJS 11/15
47500 Petaling Jaya